Close this search box.

Registration Policy

To facilitate the registration process we would request that two forms of identification are produced, ideally if possible, one should be photographic, and one must contain your address. You maybe asked to sign a practice form to give your permission for us to retain these documents with your electronic patient record. 

In accordance with current recommendations, all new patients should present two forms of identification. This is required to reduce and prevent fraudulent attempts to obtain or misuse NHS care. Overseas visitors may be asked for additional information to prove NHS entitlement.

One form of identity must ideally be photographic such as:

  • Passport
  • Drivers Licence
  • Official ID card from Public Services body
  • Student matriculation card (current year)

Other documents for prove of residency that are acceptable are:

  • Recent utility bill (within last 3 months)
  • Council Tax document
  • Television Licence
  • Payslips (last two months)
  • Rent book/agreement (Public Body or Private Landlord)
  • Bank Statement (Name and address section only required)
  • Solicitors Letter- (Clearly showing name and address)

If unable to provide photographic evidence then you must present one of the above and one of the following:-

  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • DivorceAnnulment Papers.

N.B. The above list is not exhaustive and staff are entitled to ask for further proof if required. Please note you will not be registered with the practice if you cannot provide the documents required to prove NHS eligibility.

Other Information Required

For people born in Northern Ireland or the UK
An up-to-date medical card and HS200 form.

For people born in the European Union (except Romania & Bulgaria)
A completed HS22X (blue form) and a copy of your passport or ID card showing a photograph.

For people born in Romania or Bulgaria
A completed HS22X, a copy of passport or ID card showing a photograph and a copy of residence card issued from Home Office.

For people born outside the UK and outside the European Union
A completed HS22x, a copy of passport or ID card with photograph plus one of the following:

  • A copy of your Home Office documents, or receipt of application
  • A copy of your Entry Visa or Dependants Visa
  • A copy of your Work Permit